Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cali

Here are some pics from our trip to California. Apparently we decided to be there for the hottest day ever recorded in the history of LA. I think it was like 114?

Here it is in a nutshell... My camera ran out of batteries the second to last day and I left my charger and spare at home (this the lack of pictures).

Getting ready to go bye bye. We flew Jetbue.

Meeting the characters. Kinlee was the most excited about the princesses. Brightyn LOVED them all.

The experience...


Huntington Beach. The beach was probably my favorite day from the trip. The girls loved it. Brighytn was trying to catch the "birdies".

Kinlee could have stayed there ALL day long.


The Pier.
I have to say this trip was not the most enjoyable for me. Brightyn was more than a handful. Refusing to sleep hardly at all while we were on the go (getting her to do so was a battle every time) and it only lasted for about 30 minute periods. She fussed a good majority of the time and wanted to be held exclusively by me. When not being held, she screamed in the stroller (unless being entertained with food or rides), wanted to walk everywhere and would throw a fit if we picked her up from walking... On the way from the hotel to the airport on the way home, Brightyn screamed bloody murder the entire drive (45 min.) I literally almost had a nervous breakdown.

Kinlee, on the other hand, was great. Other than a few random bouts of 3yearoldness... She loved all the rides and was so brave. She would have went on all of them if it were not for height limits. Her favorites were Buzz Lightyear and Pirates of the Caribbean. Needless to say, we will NOT be taking a trip like this again anytime in the near future. Had Brightyn been more cooperative, this would have been a whole different experience.

6 comments:

The Hanson Family said...

Traveling with kiddos is so hard! And it's even worse as the Mom because you put so much effort trying to make everything perfect, and it never goes as planned. I'm sure you'll look back and remember the fun parts :)

Kelsey Bendixen said...

Oh no! I'm sorry it was so hard. . .we are thinking about going to Disney in Jan and I am SOO nervous about Paizley being that same way! The only trip other then camping we've done has been St George. I guess we won't know until we try it, But at least you know Kinlee had the time of her life! That has to make it more worth it, right?

the cole family said...

It seems like everyone is going to Disneyland. We want to go so bad, but have decided to wait until we are done having kids and until they are a little older. Being away from home for too long with a little one makes me nervous!!

Modern Family said...

It can be so hard to do fun things like trips with little ones. At least Kinlee had a great time! I'm sure there will be many more fun trips in the future & you know that you are already done having kids, so this young age has an end in sight!

Bailey Family said...

you got some way cute pictures! i am with you though, traveling with the kiddos make it a whole other adventure. I bet the girls loved it though and are glad you took them. Glad you made it back safely! We need to play now that youre back, i havent seen ya in forever!

Melinda said...

Thanks so much! I would have never figued that out! Youre the best:)