Thursday, April 15, 2010

Five on Friday (on Thursday :)

I am posting this tonight because tomorrow I am taking advantage of the nice weather and will NOT be sitting in front of my computer...
Kinlee "Picasso" Getting a little inspiration from the morning sun. She loves this thing! (IKEA- 14.99)

Took the girls to the West Valley Rec Center Pool (5600 W. and about 3100 S.) on Wednesday since the week before we tried and Brightyn fell on her head... It is such a nice facility, clean, nice warm water, and great for kids of all ages... I went by myself and was a little nervous about having both of them in the water with just me. Kinlee does really well with her arm floaties. I just make sure she is within my reach and she pretty much does her thing. Brightyn just hung out in my arms and we bounced around. The hard part was after we were done and getting out and I was trying to get them both in their towels, getting them warm, and getting them dressed.

Sold this (Combi Twin Sport EX)


For this. Graco Quattro Duo Tour (Color:Flint)

I sold my Combi Twin Stroller, which I loved, but Kinlee not so much, and got this new tandem stroller. It is made so the older child can get in and out as they please (which is what we needed) and the back seat where the infant rides folds all they way back so they can sleep or whatever. The front seat has a canopy too but I took it off because Kinlee kept dinking around with it. Now I just need to teach Brightyn that she cannot pull out chunks of Kinlees hair. I love it, but it is kind of long. I am still getting used to driving this boat. (Jessica, if you are reading this, you would love this for your girlies!) It is a little heavy and takes up pretty much all of my trunk, but I love it.


Pretty little piggies; and no, it was NOT easy getting these to look this good.


The "BOON". I bought this before Brightyn was born because I thought it looked cool. It is called a Boon. A bowl/spoon combo. The spoon (top part) twists off, you pour a jar of baby food in it, and then when you squeeze the bottom part it dispenses food through a little hole onto the spoon. I love this for my diaper bag. I fill it before we go and then stick it in my bag. No mess of spoons, empty jars, and holding things in both hands. It also has a little cap for the spon to keep germs off. Just one thing does it all. I sound like a salesmen, but if you do not have one of these, you need to get one! They sell them at Target, but I got mine at Burlington Coat Factory in the Baby Depot.

4 comments:

the cole family said...

of course i'm reading it because i CAN'T get outside to enjoy the nice weather! (other than Maysie's 2 week check up) :)

i've thought about getting a double stroller, but they seem so gigantic. so i haven't made up my mind if i want one yet. but the boon?! i'll try that! :)

Young Family said...

I love the picture of them in the header...so cute. Photogenic.

the cole family said...

thank you so much for your encouraging words! i've realized that's all i need. is for Morgan, my mom, a friend, someone to let me know i'm doing a good job & that it gets better.

it's so nice to know that someone can relate!! it makes me feel like i'm not doing everything wrong and that this really is "normal". :)

Matty and Jen-i said...

You are such a cute mommy and do so many fun things with your girls! I love that IKEA board.. I wish Sam would use his more. Did you seen the kids rec center while you were at West Valley? I just learned about it a month ago and it's so fun for kids.. and it's free!