Monday, April 12, 2010

Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there.

I have been slacking on the "Five on Friday" so here some pics of what we have been up to the past few days!

We met up with a few girls from the neighborhood at Copperton Park last week. We love that park, and it was Brightyns first time in a swing. She loved it.




Brightyn had her first ponytail today. I have been dying to put one in her hair, and it is just long enough that I can finally get it to stay. Kinlee had her first ponytail at about 7 months. Girls are SO much fun!



Feeding the geese at Murray Park.


Going for a walk in the bike trailer last night. Can't wait to get the bikes out once it warms up.

BRIGHTYN

Brightyn will be 8 months on Saturday. She knows how to wave now but will not do it everytime we ask her. It is the cutest thing. I am trying to teach her to clap now but I think it takes a little more coordination. She is perfecting the skill of picking things up with her thumb and index finger (food) but sometimes she just grabs it up with her entire hand and then forgets that she has food in it. She is sitting up VERY well now, although every now and then she tips over (like at the pool) so we have to still make sure to watch where we set her to try and avoid hard surfaces and edges... She is such a good baby, very go with the flow. She likes to be on the move like her mom. I was looking back at pics of Kinlee at this age, and Kinlee was already pulling herself up and standing while holding on to things. Brightyn still does not roll from her belly to her back (rolling from back to belly is harder) but she is very content on her stomach so I guess she is just in no hurry to get back on her back? For the record, Brightyn hates ALL fruits. I actually stopeed buying htem altogether. She loves her veggies. Gobbles them right up, so that is what she eats 2 times a day along with a huge bowl of rice cereal each morning. My pediatrician also told me she can have yogurt. It took a few tries before she decided she liked it. I think maybe it was the cold temp... But she loves vanilla yogurt, and McDonlads french fries. the other day she ate almost an entire breadstick from Little Ceasars.

KINLEE


Kinlee has been a little stinker (to say the least) lately. I feel like more often than not, she is getting into trouble for not listening, or for being NOT so nice to her sister. There are days where I feel like all I do is yell at her. Not sure what to do? I try to make sure I am giving her as much attention as I do Brightyn, but lets face it, babies just require more of it. I take her to do fun things almost EVERY day, and I will admit that she is probably spoiled. Derk tells me it is just her age, but then it seems like I look around at other kids her age, and she is so much more agressive and snooty. Hopefully it is something she will grow out of. I hope I am not doing something wrong. If I am, can anyone tell me? Kinlee is taking gymnastics once a week at Academy West, but I think I may take her out once summer comes to an end. She will start preschool in August and that will keep her entertained. We may try dance in fall and see what she prefers. It can get expensive as your kids get older and want to start doing extra things, (and I want them to) so I guess we will take it as it comes.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

THose pics at the park are so cute and I love the little pony tail! Girls are so fun and you are such a great mom! It's just the age...we all deal with the nice tantrums:) That parenting class I am going to has given me some good suggestions and the class is based off a book called Love and Logic. I don't know if you have heard of it, but I have it on hold at the library...you can look at it if I ever get it. There are like 30 people ahead of me requesting it, guess it's a good one!

Young Family said...

Funny about the love and logic thing..I was just telling Mike that they are doing a special class at Sandy Library next Thurs and I signed us up...even though Reagan is a year older she still throws those..we've had this discussion about feeling like all we do is punish them...wait until she tells you she wants a new mom
:( that sucked. I'm hoping age 4 brings pleasant surprises but yes, it's an age thing and I think it's really a "girl" thing as well. Reagan is as snotty and rude as they come in public..you've not yet seen that side of her!

Lisa D said...

I love that we both posted about swings!! Personally I think Kinlee is well behaved and you have done a great job! Granted I don't see her often but I have always thought she was a really good kid. We should go to the park or swimming or out to take pics sometime soon since we are both singles on the weekends pretty much.

Kelsey Bendixen said...

Hey I saw your blog on Mandy's! Hopefully you don't mind me lookin. . I love blogs haha! I just have to tell you your girls are so dang cute! I can't believe how big Brightyn is, I remember she was just a tiny thing when everyone went to Gardner Village for Halloween. I think that's the only time I've seen her but shes a doll! I dunno if you've ever seen the gerber yogurt that doesn't have to be refrigerated? Well Paizley loves it so if Brightyn doesn't like the cold ones too much maybe shed like those ones. they are really good! I have tasted them haha