Monday, October 19, 2009

"I like em' HUGE, I like em CHUNKY"



"I like em' HUGE, I like em CHUNKY" (anyone ever seen Madagascar 2 :)-

Today was Brightyns 2 month well check. Here are a few fun facts.

Brightyn at 2 months
11 pounds 7 oz. (75%)
23 inches (85%)

Kinlee at 2 months
10 lb. 10.8 oz.
23 1/4 inches

Also, Brightyn has had a lump on the top back portion of her head about the size of a marble that I had noticed recently (not sure how long it had been there), I noticed it was mushy but did not seem to bother her when I pushed on it... We asked the pediatrician about it and he said it was called a "Hemangioma" Hemangiomas, although referred to as tumors, are not malignant and do not become cancerous. Hemangiomas are four to six times more common in women than in men. He took an xray to make sure that it was not attached to her brain. He basically said it is like a gathering or collection of blood vessels below the surface of the skin. He wants to keep an eye on it to make sure it does not grow, and says it should go away on its own (there is no time frame as to how long that could take). So at least now I know what it is, and don't have to worry anymore...

I also attached a pic of Kinlee at 2 months. Everyone asks me if I think they look alike, and I do not think they do at all. Then again, everyone says they both look like Derk, but I think Brightyn has my chin and my lips... So it's always interesting to hear what everyone thinks!

By the way, Kinlee's 2 month pics were done at Kiddie Kandids (yes I paid a fortune for them) and Brightyns were free. I think I did the better job :)

4 comments:

Lisa D said...

I am impressed- you were right on with your guess about Brightyn's weight! Okay, when you put their 2 pics next to each other I don't think they look alike! Funny how I think they do in person though.

Modern Family said...

When I was first scrolling down, I thought "wow! Brightyn looks just like Kinlee!" Then I realized it was Kinlee. I think they look like sisters but not alike. You do do such a great job with the pictures; I can't wait to see the rest of ours!

Matty and Jen-i said...

Wow.. Brightyn's eyes are so big and blue! You guys make beautiful babies!

the cole family said...

it's always hard for me to tell when they're so small who they look like. But they're eyes are definitely different.

Of course YOU did the better job on pics! I've never been a fan of Kiddie Kandids...