Saturday, August 22, 2009

One of the best moments of my life...

So as most of you know, we had our beautiful litle girl Brightyn on 08/17 @ 9:25 in the morning. It all started the night before when I decided I was DONE being pregnant. I took 4 tsp. of castor oil (which has been known to put you into labor/ I also did this with Kinlee and it does work!) I took this at 8:30 Sunday night and by 2:15 Monday morning we were in the hospital with contractions at 3 minutes apart. Brightyn was born 12 days early at 7 pounds 6 oz. and 19 inches long. My doctor was out of town :( so her partner Dr. Kenneth Larson delivered the baby. He was great. After I had the baby, all I could think about was Kinlee and how excited I was to see her, and for her to see her sister for the first time. It honestly was one of the happiest moments of my entire life. I am getting teary eyed just thinking about it. When Kinlee got there, she immediately wanted to see her sister and give her loves. She absolutely adores her. Derk stayed both nights I was in the hospital with Kinlee at our house, and each night Kinlee cried because she wanted to bring her baby home. Derk said the first thing she wanted to do each morning was to go see her baby. It has been amazing so far. I think once I get into a routine, and figure out how to manage 2 girls instead of just one, things will be so much fun. I can harldy wait to see what the future holds. Here are a few pics (there are to many to post all of them)




Sink Bath!



The Cousins! Jagger, Dawson, Brightyn, Kinlee, and Parker

Cousin Jagger and Brigtyn are exactly 4 weeks apart! This will be fun!

10 comments:

Leesee Girlyfield said...

Holy cow, she is adorable! Congratulations!!! I didn't even hear you had her already. Can't wait to meet your new little beauty!

edwards family said...

Kim~ I cried reading your story! There's nothing sweeter than giving birth to a BEAUTIFUL child, knowing there's another one of your sweet babies waiting to meet their new sibling. The look on their face is priceless! I'm glad the caster oil worked and the baby is healthy and the two of you are doing fabulous! Congrats again. Can't wait to meet her. BTW she is adorable!

Lisa D said...

The new pic of Kinlee and Brightyn is so cute! You did an awesome job!

Bailey Family said...

OOHHH I LOVE THE PICTURES!! COngrats you guys! I am so happy that I ran into you tonight so that I could see you and that sweet little baby girl of yours. She is truly just so precious and beautiful. SO stinkin excited for your cute little family. How much fun is that, a family of 4! Kinlee is so cute with her, they will be best friends!

Melinda said...

I loved reading your post! (made me teary eyed too...guess I must be prego and emotional!) haha THe birth of a new baby is such a miracle and to have everything go so smoothly is such a blessing! It's kinda scary cause you hear of all these crazy things that go wrong and so to have her here with no troubles is fabulous!! I'm so glad we are friends and that you live so close!! Seriously if you need anything let me know!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful, congratulations.

the cole family said...

Congrats Congrats Congrats! You simply have an adorable family!! I'm so looking forward to baby & Kinlee updates!!!

Modern Family said...

The new header pic of your 2 girls is SO adorable! Please call me if you need anything! I still want to bring you dinner.

You & Derk are going to have your hands full, beautiful girls can be trouble, but they are sweet too!

The Bevans said...

You already found time to take professional posed pictures of your girls! Too cute! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

I love Dr. Larsen and soon he will be delivering little "Hayden". Sorry, I didn't know you already had her over a week ago. Glad to hear everything went great. She is adorable!