Sunday, December 14, 2008

Out to save a buck...

snow

If you know me well, then you would know I am ALWAYS out to get a good deal and save a buck or two. I looked all over a few months ago for snow bibs (overalls ) for Kinlee, and ended up getting these cute pink ones at Savers for like 4 dollars. Lucky for me, her coat from last winter still fits her (it was way big last year). Some people probably think I am cheap, but I don't care. I love to shop at places like Ross, and TJ Max and yes sometimes Savers. They have cute things and they are cheap. I rarely shop at the mall, because you would not find me spending more than 20 on a pair of jeans or like 10 on a shirt. I do however, splurge when it comes to furniture and nice things for my home. I know you get what you pay for, so there are some things I do spend good money on :) Anyways, enough about my cheapness... I busted out the snowblower Saturday when Derk was working and was so excited for Kinlee to get her snowsuit and boots on and go out and play in the snow. Kinlee had more fun eating it than playing with it. I can't wait to take her sledding this winter.

3 comments:

the cole family said...

I think lots of moms are like you -- looking to save! I got some jeans from Penny's for $6 the other day! (It's fun to tell other people about the good deals you found!)

Anyway, it looks like Kinlee had a fun time in the snow! And GOOD JOB on finding that cute (less-than-expensive) snow suite!

Unknown said...

Cute bibs! I can't wait until Dylan can enjoy the snow, right now I just try to keep him out of it as much as possible.

Young Family said...

I don't think you are cheap...I think you are cool :O) Seriously, I now wish I didn't procrastinate on the snow pants because here we are with a foot of snow...and NO SNOW PANTS! Luckily (or unluckily) Reagan and I have been sickos this week and can't go out in it anyway. Let's take them sledding together. Have a Merry Christmas! I want to do Hardware Ranch at the first of the year with you guys. You game?