Monday, November 10, 2008

"A pain in the ear!"

Kinlee has been sick since about last Wednesday night/Thursday, and I have realized that she was not getting better. Usually I try to let her colds drag themselves out, and they go away on their own. Her voice is hoarse, and she has a pretty gnarly cough. The past few days she has been tugging at her earrings. I feel bad because I thought she was just messing with her earrings and I kept telling her to "stop playing with your earrings". We have had a couple of rough nights, and Kinlee is barely eating enough to keep a bird alive (and she is already teeny, she can't afford to lose weight) so I decided to take her to the doctor today and have her throat and ears checked. Come to find out she has a double ear infection (I feel horrible) and she is wheezing, so they gave her a breathing treatment. They wrote us a prescription for an antibiotic for her ear infection, and then a prescription for a steroid to help clear out her lungs... Then they want me to use this weird inhaler thing for the next 2 weeks. I can harldly wait to see how it goes. Check it out. Pretty weird. So moms, trust your instincts. If you think it may be more than just a cold, and your baby is acting out of the norm for more than a few days take them in. I am so glad I did, if I had waited, this could have been alot worse!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Hey I'm on the internet too! Good old nap time!! That is so sad to hear...a double ear infection. Poor girl hope the meds kick in quick and she starts feeling better! Let me know when you can do pics of Mikell and Chad?? In the mornings(he has to leave at 10;30 for work or on a Sat or Sun...Let me know! Thanks:)

Bailey Family said...

OH poor Kinlee! Oh sweet little girl. I hope she starts feeling better. This weather doesnt help either! Its a total stay home and relax and get better!

Young Family said...

Ahhh, dang it! I remember those days all too well. Thank God for tubes!! Mike doesn't understand the "mother's intuition" (maybe cuz he's a dude:) ) but it usually stands true. Get well and mostly...get some sleep. Those sleepless nights with ear infections are brutal!!

Brittnie or "Bert" said...

Oh that's so sad, I hope she gets feeling better soon. My girlies have asthma so I can relate to the weird inhaler thing. Your a good mom!

Unknown said...

How sad! It sucks when they can't tell you their really sick. I've turned into a total germ freak since having a baby, I hope it will prevent some cooties. Hope she feels better soon!

the cole family said...

Hey Kim! Way cute background!

My internet has been down for a few days (gotta love Qwest)...but I read your post about family pictures! Looks like you have a few appointments!

I'm thinking I want some Christmas pictures of our family - Audrey is her dress...Morgan & I dressed up a bit. Let me know if you'll have any open Saturdays in December.

The Larson Fam said...

Hello Kim, I just wanted to let you know that I have looked at your blog and it is so cute! You can add me if you would like to. Here is my link...
coleandmindysfamily.blogspot.com.