Thursday, October 2, 2008

First day on the job...

Today was officially my first day working at Carter's in Jordan Landing. I was so nervous when I got there because I had not recieved any type of training on the registers, and there is so much to learn and take in... Needless to say, it went great! I got to work with the assistant manager, Amy, (who I actually knew before just from shopping at Carter's so much) She is amazing and showed me so much. I think I am really going to like working at Carter's. Who wouldn't want to work surrounded by fun people, and a place that has the cutest kids clothes ever!

On the downside, poor Kinlee was sick today. She was fine all morning, we went to store, and out of nowhere she started to throw up (I'm talking blowing chunks) It was the first time she has really ever done this so I was so scared. It was all over the floor and all over herself so I had to strip her down to her diaper and bolt from the store. After that she was fine. We went home, went for a walk and had lunch and then she had her nap. Then when I was driving to drop her at Derks moms house so I could go to work, she threw up again in the car. I was driving and I heard her making this weird sound, so I turned around and it was coming out like the excorcist... So I pulled into a gas station and once again stripped her down and this time it was literally all over. All over the carseat, her clothes, in the clips on her carseat... I was gagging and almost threw up like 5 times... Kinlee thought I was kidding around and she was laughing at me. That is my one weakness, throwup, and I know I am going to be seeing a lot more of it in the years to come. I felt so bad for Kinlee, I don't think she knew what was going on. It's sad to see your child sick like that because you can't do anything about it but offer them comfort. After all that, I even managed to be 5 minutes early to work.

4 comments:

the cole family said...

Kiiim!! You work at Carter's???! The one at Jordan Landing? That is my most favorite baby store EVERY! It really is a weakness of mine. I have to sneak over there at least once a week - even though I really really shouldn't. I like to go to the Park City Carter's Outlet too...same cute stuff (maybe a bit behind in the seasons) and soooo cheap!

I am not excited for the times when Audrey is sick like Kinlee - I am like you in that I would want to puke too! That is funny though that Kinlee was laughing at you as you were gagging!

Lisa D said...

It made me want to puke just reading your blog! I hate puke!!! It is so nasty. Good luck with the job!

Unknown said...

Rob is grossed out by drool! That is the cleanest thing that comes out of a baby! I'm not looking forward to the puke. Hope Kinlee is feeling better.

Leesee Girlyfield said...

So sad for sweet little Kinlee!! Times like that are never fun.... especially in the car. Messy!! Hope she is feeling better. Glad you had a good first day at work. We'll have to come in to see you sometime.