Saturday, September 20, 2008

A day in the life of Kinlee...



.

This happens several times a day. Must be a girl thing!

Kinlee and Cousin Parker at Parker's Soccer Game.
I wanted to give everyone some updates about Kinlee. She is going to be 20 months old on Monday. I cannot believe she is almost 2. When we took Kinlee to her 18 month appointment, she was 10% in weight and 80% in height. She may be small, but don't underestimate her! One thing is for sure, she is VERY smart. The pediatrician said at that time that she was as advanced a most two year olds. (Of course I already knew she was a smarty pants, nobody needed to tell me) Her speech is excellent. I cannot even begin to tell you all of the words she says. I could go out on a limb and say at least 80-100. She uses up to 5 word sentences (Take it off, I want to get down, I need mom, oh how cute mom) the list goes on and on. At 13 months, she knew all of her animals (by sight, she could look in a book and tell you almost any animal) as well as what each animal says. Her favorite is the elephant. She knows ALL of her body parts, (even the weird ones like elbows and armpits)! I am not trying to brag (actually I am) but when I compare Kinlee to most kids her same age, she is so much more advanced. I don't know if it is because I teach her so much or if she just picks things up so quickly. I am assuming a little of both. We are working on her ABC's. As of right now, Kinlee's alphabet only consists of 4 letters. A-B-C-D. She can even count to three!!! We are also trying to teach her colors. She likes to think that everything is "RED". She must be a Utes fan already. Kinlee has such a spunky little attitude. She wants things done her way or the highway. Kinlee loves "Donnie's" a.k.a. McDonalds. Everytime we pass one she yells out "Donnie's". As for Derk and I, same old, same old. I got a part time job at Carter's, the childrens store in Jordan Landing. I start training next week. I am so excited!!! It will be a nice chance for me to have some alone time, and also a good opportunity for Kinlee and Derk to have some daddy/daughter time without mommy.

4 comments:

Leesee Girlyfield said...

She really is a little smarty pants, isn't she!?!! So darling! Wee miss you guys! Good luck with your job!

Unknown said...

She takes after her mom! I'll have to come visit you at work. We need to do something SOON! It's been forever.

Young Family said...

How cute! Love the tantrum picture. Congrats on the job. I love Carters. I need to go out there to find some cute Halloween tights for Rea's witch costume.

The Bevans said...

She is amazing! She's obviously emotionally advanced too!