Monday, August 16, 2010

Brightyn turns 1!

Well I am doing this post a little early. She will officially be 1 in 1 hour and 11 minutes. Her birthday is 08/17 :)

We celebrated her birthday Sunday afternoon with family and friends. Summer birthdays are the best.

A few things Brightyn is doing at this age:

* Can point to her Hair, Nose, Belly and Feet upon request.
* Can say: Poop, Shoe, Mom, DAAAAAAAAAAAD, Cheese, Moon, Duck (Dut), Hat and maybe a few others.
* Lover of all dogs. Knows what the dog and the bear say (she will growl if you ask her what the bear says. )

She is so smart. It amazes me how fast she learns things and can do them. She still does not walk on her own, though she will zip around behind a stroller, shopping cart, or walker. She will stand on her own but as soon as she realizes she is doing it she sits down.

Brightyn has been such a joy to have around. She is the best baby, only really fussy when she is tired, or when her big sissy is bugging her. She will give hugs and kisses now and I can't wait until the day when she tells us she loves us. (even though we know she laready does :)

I have her 1 year appt. on Friday so I will post a follow up on her stats.




6 comments:

Lisa D said...

Nice job on the party- it turned out so cute!! I want to see Brightyn's book!

the cole family said...

What a super cute and sweet little girl! I don't want my baby to grow up!! But if she'll be as cute as yours then I think I'll be okay with it. :)

Modern Family said...

So cute, I love the cake pictures.

The Hanson Family said...

First Birthdays are so much fun. She is a beautiful baby :)

Matty and Jen-i said...

Kim! Has it already been 1 year?!? I can't believe it! You are such a cute mommy and I love the b-day pics. Happy birthday to Brightyn!

Bailey Family said...

her birthday looks amazing. You did such a good job. Love all of the decorations and little Brightyn looks so cute. What a fun day! Happy 1st birthday sweet girl.