Saturday, January 9, 2010

Gymnastics, San Diego and Lasic Surgery!

Kinlee started gymnastics this week at Academy West Gymnastics. My little sister coaches gymnastics and we used to go to her meets, and Kinlee absolutely loved it. We took Kinlee to the trial class at Hunts (where my sister coaches) BUT I did not like the teacher and I felt the place was a little outdated. Then I took her to the trial class at Academy West and loved it. They have a great facility and way more one on one interaction. She is going to start going once a week and we will see how she likes it. There are some cute girls her same age. I was worried that Kinlee would be naughty or not follow directions, but she listened so well , and did everything they told her to do. She is going to make some cute little girly friends. I thought about putting her in dance, but at this point, she already has the rythm (yes that is how you spell it!) and you can't teach that to someone... so I figured we would try the tumbling thing first and then dance later:)





We booked a family trip to San Diego for the end of May. We had a ton of Skymiles that we redeemed, and all 3 tickets (mine, Derks and Kinlee's) were all free. Brightyn was also free because 2 and under fly free... We got a 3 in 1 pass to go to Seaworld, the Zoo and Wild Animal Kingdom. Not to metion hitting up Mission Beach. We are staying in Old Town, our favorite. We love San Diego! Hopefully traveling with 2 kids will not be to hectic.

Last but not least, Derk gets to have lasic surgery on Jan. 27th. We were able to do flexible spending to pay for a good chunk of it, and the rest will come from savings... It is so worth every penny and Derk will be able to see now! His vision is like negative 800 something (that means he is legally blind without contacts!) so for him to be able to have htis and get his vision back is something that we are so excited about.

5 comments:

Matty and Jen-i said...

That's why I want a little girl.. to do the gymnastics and dance thing. I'm so jealous that you guys are going to San Diego! I hope you have a blast!

the cole family said...

Kinlee looks like she will do awesome at gymnastics! What a tough chick!

And I'm totally jealous of the lasik surgery. Contacts are SUCH a hassle. It seems to be getting much more affordable, so maybe one day I'll get to know how it feels to live without sticking something in my eyes every day. :)

Have fun in San Diego! We were going to go last September but changed our minds & used our money on other things. You are so lucky & will have so much fun! I love that you're taking the kids too. Family trips really are the greatest!

(And thanks for the comments on my blog...I'll probably end up trying that gate thing. Like you, I can NOT imagine Audrey being done with naps just yet -- for my sake!)

Modern Family said...

I bet Kinlee will be a great little gymnast, maybe it will be a long term talent of hers. I'm jealous that you're going to San Diego, I love it there! Vacations aren't cheap, but always worth it; I hope you have fun. We need to get together soon!

Bailey Family said...

cute! That is so fun that Kinlee is doing gymnastics, such a big girl! I bet she loves it! So fun seeing you guys last night, I love when we get to hang out! Looking forward to our class together. That sounds so fun to go to San Diego, You guys will have so much fun. Exciting for Derk about his eye surgery!!

Lisa D said...

I love the pics of Kinlee doing gymnastics- so dang cute!! Can't wait to hear how the lasik goes- I would love to be able to see but those needles scare the crap out of me!