Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas and beyond...

Every year we usually go to Temple Square to see the lights, but it's always so crowded and impossible to find good parking downtown. This year we decided to head to the Zoo Lights. Most of the animals were sleeping except for the cats out partying. The lights were fun, and the kids liked it. I think we will start going there every year instead.



Kinlee's friend Reagan came over to have pizza and play one night. Can't wait for Reagans mommy to quit her job and stay home so we can play more :)

Kinlee and sissy. I love the BUMBO that my sister in law got for me.
Here is little of our Christmas fun. Kinlee was VERY onery on Christmas morning and throughout the day. I think it was a little overwhelming for her. Kinlee and Brightyn got some fun things and we can't wait to try them all out. Hope everyone had a good holiday.
The tree with all the goodies.

Kinlee's BIG present was a two seater jeep.

Letter from good old Santa.

Little miss boo boo on Christmas morning.
Brightyn is almost bigger than Kinlee. (about 12 more pounds :)
Kinlee also got a dollhouse, playdough, paints, coloring stuff, bath foam, a puzzle, some movies and a little train trac set from Ikea.
Here is what sissy got.
My two little jeepsters. Just like their mommy. "It's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand"


Derks parents got Kinlee a wiggle car (see link below to see what I am talking about) and Brightyn got a little train thing to ride on. It does the alphabet and sings and stuff. They also got many other things from grandma and grandpa. Thanks! My family got Kinlee a radio boombox/cd player, and Brightyn got this blow up penguin thing with balls in it that you punch around.

http://www.plasmacar.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=132&cat=28&page=1
Brightyn had her first solids on Dec. 19th. She ate an ENTIRE jar of carrots and loved them. It took a few minutes for her to get used to eating off the spoon. I forgot how messy babies were! Since this, Brightyn has not been drinking her bottles to great (maybe she wants more carrots ? :) so I decided to wait another month or so and focus on formula only.

Kinlee doing her Waynes World "Garth" smile.

6 comments:

Bailey Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bailey Family said...

cute pictures!!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday! I will come to your house next year... Santa sure delivered:)! I want to play in that sweet jeep! Now that the holidays are over lets play!

Modern Family said...

I'm not surprised you got Kinlee a jeep, it runs in the family! I can picture them riding around together when Brightyn gets a little bigger. They sure are lucky to have you & Derk as parents & as their "santa's!" I like how you tried to change your handwriting for his letter, but I still recognize it!

Young Family said...

Love it. Looks like you had fun. Reagan was terribly grouchy Christmas day too so she and Kinlee could have hung out. She even threw some dress up shoes after opening them and said "are you serious". Had to keep reminding myself it's a lot to absorb at that age :) Thanks for a fun night last week. Hope to get together again soon.

Lisa D said...

I know whose house I am coming to play at this summer!!! I love the pic of the girls on the Jeep- so cute!!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

isn't zoo lights so much fun? We've gone the last 3 yrs at the beginning of Dec & have always had the greatest time!!
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. Our boys got a power wheels 4 wheeler - I can just see the kiddo's driving the jeep & 4 wheeler around the neighborhood once the snow melts!

Oh & I have Kinlee's cape from B's party here. I keep meaning to bring it over but forget it whenever I leave the house. I'll bring it by one of these days.