Thursday, September 17, 2009

Someday...

>

This is Kinlee holding baby Marney wearing Brightyns old pj's!!!

WARNING! This is going to be a long post. This is dedicated to Brightyn's 1 month birthday today

"Someday" (this is my favorite childrens book by Alison Meghee and Peter H. Reynolds)
One day I counted your fingers and kissed each one
One day the first snowflakes fell, and I held you up and watched them melt on your baby skin
One day we crossed the street and you held my hand tight
Then, you were my baby, and now you are my child
Sometimes, when you sleep, I watch you dream, and I dream too...
That someday you will dive into the cool, clear water of a lake
Someday you will walk into a deep wood
Someday your eyes will be filled with a joy so deep that they shine
Someday you will run so fast and so far your heart will feel like fire
Someday you will swing high-so high, higher than you ever dared to swing
Someday you will hear something so sad that you will fold up with sorrow
Someday you will call a song to the wind, and the wind will carry your song away
Someday I will stand on this porch and watch your arms waving to me until I no longet see you
Someday you will look at this house and wonder how something that feels so big can look so small
Someday you will feel a small weight against your strong back
Someday I will watch you brusing your child's hair
Someday, a long time from now, your own hair will glow silver in the sun
And, when that day comes, love, you will remember me


O.K., now that my eyes are practically swollen from crying as I type this... Brightyn turned 1 month old today and even though it has been one of the most challenging months I have had in a LONG time, I made it through. You just have to tell yourself that things always have a way of working themselves out. It has been so fun watching Kinlee love her little sister so much, it's hard to imagine what it was like before Brightyn came along. She is getting so big now a lot of her newborn things are to small. We actually passed a pair of her pajamas on to Kinlees favorite babydoll (Marney). I can hardly wait for this next month when she starts smiling at us! P.S. the pics of Brightyn were taken by me (of course) in the fields by my house on 7800 S.

6 comments:

Leesee Girlyfield said...

What beautiful little angels you have!!! You are so lucky to have them in your life! (Even though they can be so incredibly hard sometimes, it still so worth it!)

Lisa D said...

Man time flies! The pic you took of Brightyn is so dang cute!

Modern Family said...

That is a sweet book! I LOVE the pics you took of Brightyn, so beautiful! I need you to do some of me & Dylan, when you're up for it.

the cole family said...

What a sweet book -- I'll have to check it out sometime! I love those books, but they are HARD to read when your hormones are recovering from childbirth!!

Brightyn is getting so big already...isn't it crazy how much difference just one month makes? The pictures you took are really gorgeous -- the color one is my favorite. just perfect!

Bailey Family said...

cute book! I want to buy that now, I love the words and the story that it tells. It was so great seeing you yesterday! Your little ones are so darling!! You are such a cute mom! Also, I LOVE The new pictures, you are so talented!

The Larson Fam said...

Such a sweet book! Your girls are just so cute!!