Thursday, December 4, 2008

"A true lady is one who never shows her underwear unintentionally...”

Check out these sweet new Elmo underwear. The must have item for your little one:)Underwear fetish?
For the past 5 months (roughly) we have been dabbling in potty training with Kinlee. They say (or so I have heard) that girls are easier than boys, and we figured there was nothing wrong with introducing the potty to her at an early age. We skipped the whole potty chair, and went right to the "big girl potty" and we just put a little potty seat on our big toilet. These past few months we have not really been pushing the issue, and we just occasionally put her on the toilet when we have the time... Well the other day (Monday) Kinlee woke up and opened her dresser drawer and wanted to wear her underwear. I put them on her and told her if she needed to go potty that she had to tell me so I could put her on the potty. Long story short, she pooped in her underwear and then waddled over to me asking me to "change my pooter palace" (a little funny nickame we made up). So Tuesday I figured back to diapers... Then again yesterday she insisted on wearing her underwear so I put them on her again. Not one accident ALL day long. I put her in her diaper for her nap (she woke up dry) and then again last night we put the diaper on her and she woke up dry. Today is day number 2 and we are still doing great. I know there is going to be more accidents I am sure of that, so for now we are carrying a spare set of undies and pants around just in case. I decided Kinlee is never going to be potty trained if I don't make it a consistent thing that she goes potty like a big girl. She is my little smarty pants girl, and I have a feeling in a few more months we will be DONE with diapers! Good job Kinlee:) We love you.

3 comments:

edwards family said...

I'm sure girls are easier than boys but Tate and Rem were sooo easy. I think it was pure luck for me. Thank you lord! Cute elmo undies.

Melinda said...

yeah that is awesome!!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! I am not looking forward to the potty training days, I hope Dylan will go easy on us...