Friday, November 28, 2008

Be Thankful...

My brother snapped a few impromptu pictures of us in my grandmas backyard yesterday for Thanksgiving. Let me just tell you how thankful I am to have my Jay Leno chin! I found this poem online (below) and wanted to share it with everyone. Hope you all had a good Turkey Day. By the way, can you believe the stories on the news today about all the crazy people killing and trampling over people just to save a few bucks on Black Friday? People are so crazy and out of control. That is why I stayed in this morning. I did not feel like throwing any elbows, or getting any to the ribcage :)

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations, because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge, because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes, they will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary, because it means you've made an effort.
It's easy to be thankful for the good things. A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they will become your blessings.

8 comments:

Lisa D said...

You guys make such a cute family!

the cole family said...

You found the perfect Thanksgiving Day poem! I loved it - and it is soooo true. Every bit of it.

Did you work at Carter's on Black Friday? For some reason I thought you were...? Maybe I'm on something. :)

Morg & I will be staying at a bed & breakfast in Logan for our 5-year anniversary. That's where we honeymooned for 2 weeks between semesters. :) I AM SO EXCITED! We'll only be gone over night, but it's going to be fun!

The Larson Fam said...

Kim, I just wanted to thank you again for taking time out of your day to do are pic's. They turned out awesome! There were a ton we liked, and you shot some of the cutest ones of Easton,Thank You for doing such a good job and for all of your cute ideas! Mindy

Unknown said...

I liked your poem. It's hard to be thankful for the "challenges" we have but when we look back, it's easy to see that we are better off because of them. Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

Erin Stones said...

You are such a cute family. Thanksgiving is such a great time of year!

Duffin Family said...

Kim, yes I am still planning on Saturday. 1100 would be perfect. Lets plan on Lehi. I think that sounds fun. Emily mentioned she may want to come do pictures too. Let me know when Dirk is off so I can do your pictures. Anytime I would be happy to. I will get a hold of you so we can make arrangements.

jill said...

Cute family pictures! Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!!
Did you hear about our friend party we are doing on Dec. 15th! I will email you for more details!!!

The Bevans said...

Such cute pictures! Hope your Thanksgiving was great!