Monday, October 13, 2008

$232.00 later...


>


Today started out as a nice day. Kinlee let me take some adorable pictures of her in the hat that I made. I decided to go to ROSS in The District and get a headstart on some Christmas shopping. On the way home, we decided to take Bacchus Hwy (U-111) . Long story short, I got pulled over by a South Jordan cop. He says, "do you know why I stopped you?" DUH!!! and I said, "probably because of speed." so then he asks me if I know what the speed limit is (10800 S. and Bacchus) and I said 60... He says, try 50! Then he proceeeds to say he clocked me at 72 in a 50. I was so pissed. I said there is no way I would have been going that fast if I would have known the speed limit was 50 and not 60. Now I am not denying the fact that I was speeding, but c'mon. Up ahead about 1/2 mile I see a 60 mph sign within eyes view, but I just happened to be still in the 50. Bullcrap! I am still pissed. He wrote me the ticket for 72 in a 50 which is a 232.00 fine. There goes my first paycheck from Carters people. I asked him if he could write it for less, and he was like"nope"! So yah, if you drive Bacchus Hwy out in that area, then beware of Officer Dumbass, I mean Officer Dempsey. Geuss I will be going to traffic school so it does not hit my driving record :) P.S. I am going to go see the bailiff at the court once it posts and try to get the fine reduced if I pay in full. If anyone wants one of these hats, let me know. I charge 15.00.

5 comments:

The Staggs said...

That sucks, but FYI...traffic school will add a little more to that $232. But I guess it will save with insurance. Will we see you at our Halloween party on Oct. 25th?

Lisa D said...

That bites! I drive that stretch everyday so good to know the coppers are watching. BTW- the hat looks adorable- I love it!

Melinda said...

that totally sucks! Where have ya been?? HAeven't seen ya forever. I want to buy a hat from you and I want you to teach me how to make them too:) should we go do pics Wed night??? I subb tomm but we could go tomm night too! I will call you when I get done:)

the cole family said...

I don't know what you did to make these pictures turn out so cute - wait you took them of your adorable daughter Kinlee!!! I love what you've done with the coloring. The one with her looking up is my FAVORITE!!!! Her blond hair, blue eyes, and pink lips stand out so beautifully! And, the neutral colors of the backdrop, her jacket, and the skirt blend so well together! You do have a knack!

Sorry 'bout the ticket...I'm never good at spotting cops.

Leesee Girlyfield said...

Dude, that freakin' sucks! But super cute pictures!!!! She looks so beautiful!