Thursday, September 2, 2010

So thankful.

LONG POST:)

So any of you who know me well, know that sometimes I make quick decisions and then often regret certain things. Well, I did it again this time. It was no wonder that when I originally decided to leave Carter's it was a hard decision for me. I actually cried about it. (I know, I am a baby). Don't get me wrong, photography is my love, and my passion, but Carter's is where my little second family is.

I have really missed my time away from the people I worked with as well as the company as a whole. When I left there, they told me I would always have a home there and I had hoped that if I thought I had made the wrong decison that the door would always be open.

We found out last week that Derk got his old job back as a buyer. NO MORE MALL!!! So we were thrilled. Along with it came no more nights and weekends. Which was one factor I had taken into consideration before quitting because when you have 2 people working retail hours, you NEVER see each other.

So with all that being said...

I went to Carters today, and kiddingly said, "you guys hiring?", they said, "why, you looking for a job?" and I said "yes I am :)" They held out their hand to shake mine and said "you're hired!" Just what I had hoped to hear.

So after stressing out about leaving in the first place, now I know this is the right decision.

I still plan on doing photography, although it will have to be limited so I do not overdue myself. I decided that why should I give up 2 things I love. Carters and Photography when I can have both.

Someone asked me the other day what I was going to do when my girls were older and both in school, and I said well go back to work of course. They said, oh you aren't going to do the photography thing? I had never planned on making a career out of it, it was always just a hobby and something I loved doing. I would however, see myself in 5-6 years when the timing is right, as a part time manager with carter's.

I am so thankful that I was able to change my decision:) You just never know!

4 comments:

the cole family said...

Wow! You are one lucky lady! It's not often you find employment and situations like the one you're in; I'm glad you could stay!

The Hanson Family said...

I'm glad you're able to do what makes you happy. What does your husband do? Are we still on for family photos on Oct 2nd?

Lisa D said...

You did what?? I can't believe it! If it makes you happy then that's awesome. I had no idea you were missing it so much.

Young Family said...

So happy for you (all) Kim. Know how much you loved it there and you are right...there are many things in this life you CAN have and make work all together!