Monday, November 30, 2009

Hold You?



When Kinlee was little I used to say to her, "you want momma to hold you?" and so when she was old enough to talk, she used to say to me "hold you" when she wanted me to pick her up... Now, it seems we have come full circle. Brightyn has been on this kick lately where she wants to be held ALL the time... It makes for an interesting day when you are trying to do a million other things while holding a baby. Some people used to tell me that by doing this, you are spoiling your child. I disagree. I call it LOVING them. How could I not want to "hold you". One day when you are older, you will not want to be held, so of course I am going to enjoy every chance I get to be as close to you as I can, and if that means having you at my hip all day, then so be it :) Brightyn is getting so big. Literally! She is probably pushing 14 pounds (more than half of what Kinlee weighs). She talks to us all day, and blows lots of bubbles. She watches Kinlees every move and smiles so big at her all the time. She is at such a fun age. Kinlee had been such a good helper most of the time. When she is not going stir crazy in the house. She just got better after having a 5 day long flu virus which totally wiped her out ;( I cannot believe she is almost 3 years old. She told me she wanted to have a GO UTES birthday party. So I geuss red it is... I may atttempt to make a U pinata for the kids. We'll see... As for Derk and I we have been really busy lately. Sometimes it puts a strain on things. when you work retail, it's part of the territory that you work LONG days with little time off (which makes for a LONG day for mom with the kids). I may be quitting Carters after Christmas. That is still undecided. I really enjoy doing photography and would like to focus more time and energy on that. I am taking some classes in January and I am super excited to learn some new things from a professional. Well, there you have it... Thats what has been going on with us. How about you?

4 comments:

Young Family said...

A) When I have more time (I think) after Junior when I only work 2 days....do you think you can teach me how to make that adorable hat!!...and B) you have talent. Expand on that God given gift! It's a whole new busy life but I think you have what it takes....and C) I agree with holding. That's exactly what Reagan did...and embarrasingly enough...still does...but we HOLD HER!! It's getting hard holding a 35 pound child and caring around this one. She says my legs are getting smaller because my belly is getting bigger :) Love it. Wouldn't change it. You are a great mom. Hang in there....only 24 more days left :)

Modern Family said...

I can't believe how big Brightyn is getting, I haven't seen her in a while. You have such cute girlies! I also agree to hold them as long as they'll let you. No such thing as "spoiling" your kid with loves!

Lisa D said...

You are such a sweet mom- I love reading about how much you love your kids!! People don't get it when I tell them I took a 10% paycut just to spend an extra 4 hours a week with Brigg- I tell them I don't get a second chance. He will never be this age again. And I love the hat on Kinlee!!

Leesee Girlyfield said...

I totally agree that holding and loving our babies is one of the best parts about being a mother. It's such a short period in our lives so we should enjoy it while we can. I hold Lincoln even when he's not begging for it just because I want to. And that cute little Brightyn sure is getting big. Such a little chunker! Just too adorable!!! I'm so embarrassed that we still haven't made it out there to meet her. We need to get together soon!!!!