Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kinlee's First Haircit - Cookie Cutters





Kinlee had her first official haircut today. This girl was born with a head full of dark hair, then it all fell out and grew in blonde. (Derk and I were both blondies when we were her age as well). She hardly had any hair until around 8 months when I was able to put her first ponytail in. Other than at home trims to get rid of a few mullets, she has never had a real haircut. I was so exicted to take her and wanted it to be a fun experience for her. I decided to go to Cookie Cutters. They charge 13.95 but it was SO worth it. They have all kinds of fun cars/planes they can sit in, and they get to pick out a movie to watch. When they are done they get a sucker and a balloon. The girl did a great job and I think the price was worth it. If our next one is a boy he will be getting at home haircuts by mommy, but when it comes to girls hair it's much more complicated :) and well worth a splurge at the "beauty parlor".

6 comments:

the cole family said...

At 8 months Kinlee was sporting her first pony??!?!?! Audrey and I are SOOOO jealous! Audrey still doesn't have enough hair to do anything but headbands. :( Looks like Kinlee had a good time getting her hair cut & she looks great!

Young Family said...

Great minds think alike. I am taking Reagan there for her very first (I have NEVER even used a pair of scissors to trim-how gross is that) haircut this weekend. Parts of her hair are touching her butt but it's so stragley. I'm thinking a "bob" but Mike says no way not yet....hmmm, guess we'll see. BTW-Kinlee's hair looks great.

Unknown said...

How fun! She looks so cute. A girls hair is her most important accessory so it's worth the money I say!

Lisa D said...

I can't believe how grown up Kinlee looks in those pics!

Bailey Family said...

Kim her hair is sooo cute! I LOVE it!! I would pay that! It is so hard to even trim Reagan's hair that maybe I will consider that when he has enough that it needs to be cut. Also, I LOVE her bedroom. You did an amazing job! Way to go! Seriously you need to come decorate my house. We need to get together soon, I feel like I never see you, oh wait... I dont! So I need to!

The Larson Fam said...

Oh, Kinlee is such a cutie. I've wanted to take Easton there, but when theres a hair salon so close to my house it's just easier to run over there. I will have to go try it out, just for Easton! That place looks great to take the kids.